7 October 2021
Emissions and Odours from Materials 2021
Welcome to the 15th edition of Emissions and odours from materials conference
During the last three decades, there has been increasing concern over the effects of VOC exposure on health. Public awareness of environmental, health and safety issues related to air quality has grown significantly. Regulations and labelling of products have been promoted by the governments, resulting in ever more stringent specifications for the industry regarding the emission of volatile compounds from materials.
Plastic materials, coatings and inks, adhesives, flooring materials, furniture, textiles, insulating materials potentially emit volatile organic compounds (VOC) that contribute to the indoor air quality in terms of odours and pollutants.
In the automotive industry these topics are controlled by many specifications and have a great impact on the comfort, well-being and driving sensations.
In food, pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries, volatiles released by the packaging can have an impact on the organoleptic perception of the products and even on their quality.
Non-intentionally added substances (NIAS) present in a food contact material/article may migrate from the material into food and requires often high sensitive analysis .
New consumer products and new biobased/recycled materials coming today on the marketplace have to be evaluated for their VOC release, including their contribution to the odour perception of the products.
7 October 2021
Webinar - Emissions and Odour from Materials
- 9.30 Opening of the webinar – Certech
- 9.45 Odours from virgin and recycled polyolefins – Braskem
- 0.15 SMC/BMC a solution to lower COV/odor into vehicles – IDI Composites
- 10h45: Leather Smell Impact on Chinese Automotive Market – TFL Ledertechnik Ag
- 11h15: State-of-the-art analytical tools for VOC/odour/migration characterization – Certech
- 12h00: Break – B to B meeting opportunities with Certech experts (pre-registration required)
- 13h00: Emissions and odours from pilot scale recycled methyl methacrylate and derived polymers – Certech
- 13h30: Development of an efficient procedure for the analysis of the emissions of very volatile organic compounds (VVOCs) in emission measurements from construction products and in the indoor air – Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung (BAM)
- 14h00: High Resolution Mass Calibrated HPLC Analysis of 2-Ethylacrolein on TiO2 Pigments – Kronos
- 14h30: Emissive properties from 3DP filaments and printed objects from post-industrial and post-consumer recyclates – Certech
- 15h00: Black masterbatches for VOC reduction in automotive interiors – Cabot Corporation
- 15h30-16h30: Exhibitors session
- 16h30: Closure of the webinar
- 16h45: B to B meeting opportunities with Certech experts (pre-registration required)